Sunday, August 22, 2010

TJ's Trades

By now I'm sure you've realized that I do a lot of thinking about food. A lot. And most of my time is spent with the belief that I may actually be able to find a more meaningful relationship with some of my prized Trader Joe's snack items than with actual human companionship. (If the saying, "you are what you eat" is true, what do you think that says about me?)

I've also found that simply asking someone what their favorite treat from TJ's is can often unveil a little more about them and increase your own knowledge of all things yummy. I'm currently having a secret love affair with their Scottie Dogs and their dark chocolate and sea salt covered almonds. Please don't tell hummus.



I was never much of a black licorice fan, but seriously, guys, those things are da bomb. And a girl like me shouldn't be allowed to say things like "da bomb", you know?






And I'd pretty much do anything dark chocolate told me to do. But throw in an almond and some sea salt? Well, let's just say if they were in the form of a fictional chocolate river, I would pull an Augustus Gloop and early disqualify myself from the chance of owning an oompa loompa run chocolate factory.

So anyway, everyone, as you've probably gathered, I love my Trader Joe's delights. And now I'd love to know if we are what we eat, what are you? (Based upon your favorite TJ's item, please. Ah, thank you, my fellow food frienders.)

3 comments: