Monday, August 23, 2010

Dog Gone Good Deed

When I worked at Bath and Body Works one of our sales beliefs was, "make someone's day". So corny, I know, but it's actually something that I've come to value. Whenever I'm having an off day or feeling sad I try to refocus and try to do that. Make someone's day.

It's not a difficult task when it comes to me, people constantly make my day with a kind word or a high five. A simple act of thoughtfulness will take you everywhere.

After a wonderful Theater Pub on the warmest day/night I've experienced here in a long time I stopped into Walgreens on my walk home and picked up some items for my dog. Deciding within the moment to purchase her some bones that are supposed to a dog's breath better. (Which would hopefully be a win for both of us.)

I completed my walk under the almost full moon and was greeted by an excited pup. When I presented her with her bone she hopped with delight and licked me with appreciation. It was sort of gross. But still so cute! I realized that while I may not have made any one person's day today, I made one little dog happy. And it's a wonderful feeling.

So try it sometime. Aim to make someone or some dog's day, I think you'll find it makes your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment