Wednesday, August 18, 2010

One Call to Singleton, Please.

This week, I'm suffering with a phone that won't make/take calls or send/receive texts. So basically, I'm paying $100 bucks a month for a glorified time telling device that plays music... sometimes.

And as I had discussed, just mere days ago, being in a long distance relationship ultimately equaled dating my phone. Well, it seems both have taken an unfortunate turn and won't be able to weather this storm. Amusingly enough, I guess, I woke up this morning with a dead phone and a sadness in my heart to look outside and see the sun. A sight I have not witnessed in weeks. I walked out into the warmish weather to take care of my dog. I managed to get a teary phone call out to my mother. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Accepting that the reality of life is that things break. All the time. Even when we need them or want them. But that you have to do what you can to remedy the problem, be strong, and keep going, not allowing too much of yourself to break along with it. I'm trying to leave the stormy rain cloud that I'm feeling inside and open myself up to this beautiful San Francisco day unfolding. At least for a little while so that I can get to the AT&T store and start working on a new phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment